[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jul 18 14:36:51 EDT 2003

Aahz writes:
 > That's not the point.  The point is that we're currently talking about a
 > reasonably minimal graphic redesign and a front-page redesign.  If we
 > start talking about restructuring the content, that's a *huge* task with
 > lots of separate pieces.  It's not just individual pages that need
 > moving; many pages need to be merged or split.  I'd prefer to separate
 > the two, and that means that the graphic redesign needs to incorporate
 > the current structure.

One catch, of course, is that the presentational design can be heavily
impacted by some aspects of site organization.  Local changes in
organization are probably not an issue, but large-scale changes in
structure need to be considered.

 > Perhaps someone would like to take charge of a restructuring sprint?

Perhaps someone should explain what they think needs restructuring?
I'm fairly happy with the site, but then, I never need to find
anything on it.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>