[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jul 18 17:08:10 EDT 2003

Aahz writes:
 > Pieces that I'm aware of off the top of my head:

Yep, all good things to get done.  Mostly things I don't think about
due to excess familiarity; I'm glad you're more on top of this than I
am!

It might be good to start a list of these "to-do" tasks in
dev/pydotorg/ so people like me can't say we haven't a clue.  ;-)

 > * Getting rid of PSA stuff and moving still-valid info to other parts of
 > the site
 >
 > * Reorganizing UserGroups and NonEnglish -- there's currently a lot of
 > overlap, and what I'd really like to do is move it to a database with
 > multiple views

Were you thinking a database like MySQL/Postgres, or a text/XML file
that gets processed statically (like the mirrors list).

 > * Figuring out how to manage the commercial exits and other kinds of
 > links to external resources

I'd love to have some sort of "named links" facility; this would be
useful from within the docs as well, to avoid dead links from old
versions of the docs to external resources that have moved.

 > * Fixing up the pycon directory (I made a boo-boo when setting it up,
 > and we'll need to move the old stuff before starting in on DC2004)

Ugh.  Yeah.  Not much fun there, but should mostly just be tedious.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation