[Pydotorg-redesign] Logo question

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Jul 23 16:52:56 EDT 2003

Todd Grimason writes:
 > Uh-oh I must have been more confusing than usual - I didn't meant
 > to imply any of the proposed designs were not good, I was
 > specifically wondering about the logo itself, and whether it was
 > set in stone forever.

I still don't think it is, and this is a good place where parallelism
can be used to an advantage.  So if the logo is what you want to work
on, go for it!  The worst that can happen is that it doesn't get
used.

 > I think using one of the new designs would be a great start, I
 > suppose I'm thinking (too)big-picture here... and of some
 > theoretical future big overhaul...

Keep thinking of the big picture.  That's a good thing.  All overhauls
are bigger than doing nothing, and most overhauls that actually happen
-- and don't get thrown out -- are smaller than they were planned to
be.  But big-picture thinking is needed on the site organization, and
the individuals steps made along the way, including the presentational
design for the site, will make the final effect much bigger than any
single overhaul could hope to achieve successfully.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation