[Pydotorg-redesign] Quick questions

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jul 25 11:41:52 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003, A. M. Kuchling wrote:

> I've started going through section 1 of the FAQ.  There are numerous
> links to various places on python.org; I can either make them relative
> links, so that if you're reading a FAQ on a mirror you'll stay on that
> mirror, or absolute links (so you'll always go to python.org).  If we
> want to resume posting the FAQ to Usenet, absolute links are necessary
> despite breaking on mirrors; do we want to post the FAQ?

+0 on posting the FAQ, although now that I think about it, I think I'd
rather have a separate FAQ for Usenet that gives a short roadmap to
www.python.org.

> Second, any objection to creating /community/ and moving most of the
> still-useful stuff in /psa/ into it?

-0

I've been thinking about doing this for a while and always end up saving
it for a time when the material can be re-organized.  It doesn't seem to
me that it does much good to just change the directory structure unless
we're ready to make content changes.  But if you think it's a
particularly good idea, I shan't object.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz