[Pydotorg-redesign] Logo question

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Jul 30 13:16:29 EDT 2003

Walter Dörwald writes:
 > Yes.

Please send an email to pydotorg at python.org containing:

- your preferred login name
- an email address that <yourlogin>@python.org should forward to
- your SSH2 public key *as an attachment*

You might get a bounce message from the pydotorg address, but Barry
says that's not a problem; I'll do what he needs to do.  You'll be
added to the pydotorg mailing list as a side effect of all this.

 > What I'm planning to do is port the .ht files to XHTML. As this is a
 > big change, it would be good to have a second pair of eyes look over
 > the changes before commiting. I assume this patch can be discussed on
 > the bugtracker that will be installed Real Soon Now.

I don't know what the schedule is for the RoundUp installation;
hopefully Aahz can enlighten us.  I'm not sure who's point for that.

I hope you'll still be using the .ht as the source format, otherwise
life as we know it will end before we're ready!

Aahz writes:
 > We've started the process of converting files to XHTML one at a time.

What I've started isn't quite so strong as to create *valid* XHTML;
I'm really just shooting for well-formed with all lower-case tags and
attribute names.

 > If you've got an automated way of doing that, good; otherwise, I'm not
 > sure that it's a good idea to do a mass update.  It's similar to the way
 > Guido opposes touching code just to fix a style issue or update to a new
 > idiom.

If Walter wants to actually make it valid XHTML, it's up to him to
determine whether his preferred tools are emacs, vi, or his
mxTidy-based tool.  IMHO.

One of Guido's guidelines is consistency; what's there now just
isn't.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>