[Pydotorg-redesign] Logo question

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Jul 30 19:15:41 EDT 2003

Walter Dörwald writes:
 > > I'm not sure who's point for that.
 >
 > ???

Sorry.  "point" or "point man" == who's in charge of making that
happen.

 > > I hope you'll still be using the .ht as the source format, otherwise
 > > life as we know it will end before we're ready!
 >
 > Sure, I'm not planning to introduce new tools right now. And I'm not
 > planning to check in anything major without a review.

Sounds good.

Another thing to consider for document-centric content is to rework it
to use reStructuredText; Andrew Kuchling updated HT2HTML to support
that a few days ago, and I just converted doc/Summary.ht to use that;
much nicer than dealing with markup in text!

 > My tools don't validate the generated XHTML either, but they make sure
 > that the result is well-formed XML and only the elements and attributes
 > existing in XHTML are present. E.g. a <p> nested inside a <p> isn't

My htwf.py well-formedness checker for .ht files now checks for this
particular case (well, any block tag inside and open <p>).  Automating
the check via a validator is probably a good idea and not too
difficult.

 > OK, I'll post a patch once the bugtracker is in place (and the patch
 > is finished ;))

More interesting may be the conversion tool.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation