[Pydotorg-redesign] Draft HTML for redesign proposal

Tim Parkin tim at pollenation.net
Sun Oct 12 03:57:33 EDT 2003

Roy
>> Heres the first stab at HTML for the python redesign.
>> http://pollenation.net/assets/public/draft-oct10.html
>>

>Overall, I like it a lot.
>
>A minor technical glitch.  When I viewed the page in Safari (Mac OSX),
>if I made the window too narrow, the left-hand and right-hand text in
>the nav bar run into each other and overlap.  I've attached a small
>screen shot to illustrate what I'm talking about.
>
>It's unclear if this is really something worth worrying about -- if you
>make anything too narrow, something's going to give somewhere.

It is inevitable that a website will become unusable at certain widths.
However I can make a small change to put a background on the utility nav
which will mean that it will slide over the breadcrumb trail as the window
gets smaller. As the utility nav is probably more important than the
breadcrumb, I think this is the correct choice, can't upload yet as I'm
away from civilisation but will do later. I've also played with a print
css sheet and a large text css sheet that should work quite niceley.

Tim

Tim