[Pydotorg-redesign] Re: User comments on python.org

amk at amk.ca amk at amk.ca
Mon Oct 13 15:39:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:00:13PM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I would prefer to see a little icon next to paragraphs with comments.  That
> minimizes the change in length.  Click 'em to pop up a window (or something)
> with the relevant comments.

Too difficult; we'd need a way to identify paragraphs, and then a way to
modify page content to insert the icon.  The W3C way would be to use ID
attributes on paragraphs and then use XPath (or just an ID reference), but
there's no way to make that work without server-side processing.

For this reason, the link text would have to be generic, something like
'View/add notes'; we can't have a link that's only there if there's already
a note.

--amk