[Pydotorg-redesign] Draft HTML for redesign proposal

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Fri Oct 17 13:16:56 EDT 2003

On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 12:27  PM, Tim Parkin wrote:
> all the people I know who use unix have the windows fonts installed,
> most also have the bitstream fonts.

Just another data point...

At home I've got Mac/OSX and RedHat 8.0.  At work I've got a variety of
Linux and Solaris systems.    Heck, I've even got a windows laptop.
None of the above have any special fonts installed (unless they got
installed by default along with an application).

I install stuff I need to do my work.  Databases, new versions of
python or gcc, etc.  But, fonts are just something I expect to be
there.  At this point in my life (remember, I'm the guy with the
40-something eyeballs :-)), when it comes to computers, I want a tool,
not a hobby.

For what it's worth, I checked my two home boxes.  OSX comes with
Verdana and Ariel, RedHat 8.0 doesn't.