[Pydotorg-redesign] Redesigned version of current home page

Todd Grimason todd at slack.net
Mon Sep 22 12:07:27 EDT 2003

* Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> [2003-09-22 11:55]:
> nonetheless.  Here's a modified version of Andrew's revised home page which
> puts a Google search box near the top of the left margin.  I don't think
> Google should have anything to complain about (are we required to provide
> web & python.org radio buttons?), but the (required?) Google logo doesn't
> look good over the non-white background.
>
>     http://manatee.mojam.com/~skip/amk.html

I think this is a really good idea and worthwhile improvement until we
reach "the promised land", especially as we've all agreed the IA of
the current site leaves a bit to be desired, a search tool (assuming
it works well enough) is great to have front and center.

I'll add to the chorus that this and any of the improvements by amk
are well worth making while a complete overhaul is in limbo and/or
development.

Maybe someone more familiar with Google requirements would know where
to get a logo not anti-aliased on a white bg? Or maybe it should
actually be an InfoSeek logo at this point?

--

toddgrimason*todd at slack.net