[Pydotorg-redesign] Sidebar/nav. bar revisions

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Sep 23 11:49:34 EDT 2003

A.M. Kuchling writes:
 > Secondary issue: given the current plague of viruses (and the
 > likelihood of future viruses), should we be trying to minimize the
 > number of times e-mail addresses are given on web pages?  The 'Contact
 > us' page would be a step toward this: this single page would be the
 > only ones with an e-mail address.

On the whole I like this, though I'm not at all certain it'll make any
difference in the war on spam & virii.

One issue related to this is that we use different addresses for
different portions of the web site; this will need to be addressed by
either providing different flavors of the contact page or making
people read more to figure out how to contact us.  (For example, the
doc/ tree uses docs at python.org for a contact address instead of
webmaster.)

  -Fred

--