[marketing-python] RE: [Pydotorg-redesign] how to search the site

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Sep 23 14:18:09 EDT 2003

Roy Smith writes:
 > On a slightly different tangent, I'm a little concerned about "cute"
 > names like "Starship" and "Vaults of Parnassus".  One of our goals is

But these aren't names "we" (meaning the python.org maintainers) have
created.

 > to appeal to dev managers.  Dev managers don't like cute.  Cute is the
 > antithesis of "this will help me deliver my product on time and keep my
 > job".

Understood.

Note that the Vaults will (likely) be replaced by the Python Package
Index (PyPI; www.python.org/pypi/) at some point in the future.
(Well, I think it should be, at any rate.)  Just when this makes sense
depends on the growth of the PyPI database.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation