[Pydotorg-redesign] Netscape 4 support summarised

Simon Willison cs1spw at bath.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 19:28:22 EDT 2003

The "What are the goals?" thread has been going on about Netscape 4
support for dozens of messages with everyone seems saying exactly the
same thing so I hope that by summarising that thread here we can get on
to talking about something more interesting. The consensus seems to be
that the site should use modern standards and aim to look good in modern
browsers; it should just WORK in older browsers such as Netscape 4
(visual appearance not so important), and it shouldn't crash in anything.

With that out of the way, we can get on with the far more interesting
issues of what content the site should contain and how it should be
organised.

Cheers,

Simon Willison