[Pydotorg-www] [Pydotorg] [Pydotorg-checkins] r9943 - trunk/beta.python.org/build

Tim Parkin tim at pollenation.net
Sat Jul 22 11:53:02 CEST 2006

Johannes Gijsbers wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 23:42 +0200, Johannes Gijsbers wrote:
>> Indeed, you're right. I hadn't even considered that. I'm currently
>> looking at not using the needUnicode argument altogether, because
>> BeautifulSoup automatically outputs unicode if all the data put into it
>> is using Unicode. Will let you know later.
>
> It doesn't seem to be a problem to remove the unicode argument.
> BeautifulSoup is outputting the unicode type anyway. Tim, any
> objections?

I don't think so... It solved a problem at the time because utf8 wasn't
being handled correctly.. It sounds like BS is a little more forgiveing
now. It's probably worth checking on a page with lots of umlauts,
cedillas, graves, acutes, etc just to ensure we're not getting any
cross-encoding errors. If that works fine then it should be OK.

Tim