[Pydotorg-www] build of website fails

sdeibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Fri Oct 13 19:23:41 CEST 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, mike at poordog.net wrote:
> I recently volunteered to help maintain the python.org website. I am
> having a bit of trouble building the site on my local machine.
>
> I installed most of the packages from apt-get and compiled some from source.
> Everything seemed fine. So any suggestions would be appreciated.
> I am guessing something was not installed correctly.

I think you have a wrong version of syck and/or pysck.  The
"correct" versions are syck 0.55 and pysck 0.55.1.  Others may
also work, of course.  I ran into this and ended up manually
downloading and building each of the versions listed towards the
end of:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonWebsitePyramidDocs

BTW, in case you're really ambitious and would like to help, we
do want to make the toolchain easier to install and use.  We're
probably heading towards abandoning Pyramid and instead either
crafting a simpler custom solution based on rest2web or changing
to something like Turbogears or Django or... something.

Of course that's down the road ... it's best to get started by
fixing some of the higher priority items in the bug tracker.

- Stephan