[Pydotorg-www] About the new build system

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Aug 7 06:49:51 CEST 2007

Stephan Deibel ha scritto:
> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> I'm the maintainer of the python.it web site.
>>
>> We are using a modified version of ht2html, but it has many problems.
>>
>> I'm planning to update the software but it seems that the new build
>> system for python.org has all the features I need.
>>
>> So I would like to contribute to the development, trying (if
>> possibile) to write a reusable core.
>>
>> The current version, in fact, is strictly related to the python.org site.
>> I can adapt the software for python.it, but I think that having the
>> possibility to work on a common piece of software is the best solution.
>
> You can check it all out from
> svn+ssh://pydotorg@svn.python.org/trunk/beta.python.org
> to try it out.

Already done, but I have used the https protocol.

> However, there are plenty of python.org-specific parts
> in the build
> process.
 > The core may be reusable, tho, with some work.  You're welcome
> to hack
> away at it...

The question is: are you interested in a partial rewrite of the software?

I have some general questions:
1) What's wrong with pyramid?
2) Is the new build system used to build the current web site?

and a few tecnical questions:
1) What is the syntax of the Nav header?
2) In the source code there are references to some "old" files,
    but in the data directory:
      there are no more nav.yml and body.html
      there are only:
        data/doc/humor/index.yml
        data/dev/summary/2007-04-01_2007-04-15/index.yml
        data/dev/summary/2007-04-01_2007-04-15/content.rst

> - Stephan

Thanks   Manlio Perillo