[Pydotorg-www] About the new build system

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Tue Aug 7 16:02:14 CEST 2007

Manlio Perillo wrote:
> Manlio Perillo ha scritto:
> I do not know if someone is interested, but here is the features I'm
> planning to add:

I'm interested in it in a somewhat idle) sense, in that I might like a
simple easy-to-understand general purpose version of this.

But I don't know whether it'll be worth the effort to move your new general
system into use on python.org, where time/resources for maintaining the
site are already severely limited.

That said, I don't see any reason why you can't create, release, and
maintain such a system based on this code.  You may want to ask the
developers to make the licensing clear -- for the new build that would
be mainly Andrew Kuchling, also Martin von Loewis, David Goodger, and
I wrote tiny bits myself.  There may be others -- svn will know.  For
Pyramid (if you use any of that) it's Tim Parkin.

- Stephan