[Pydotorg-www] function trim_nav_links in build.py

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Thu Aug 9 10:01:58 CEST 2007

A.M. Kuchling ha scritto:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 05:47:39PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> I have another question: what's the use of the function trim_nav_links?
> It takes a header like this:
> Quick-links:
>     Quick Links (2.5.1) /download/releases/2.5.1
>         Documentation {Manuals for Latest Stable Release} http://docs.python.org
> /
>         Windows Installer {Easy Installer of Python under Windows} /ftp/python/2
> .5.1/python-2.5.1.msi
> and strips out the leading whitespace.  Perhaps parseIndentedList()
> handles the leading whitespace now, and trim_nav_links() is no longer
> needed.  (The top content.ht file is the only one with the headers
> that use this.)

parseIndentedList handles this, since it computes the indentation of the
first non empty line.

By the way, I have greatly simplified parseIndentedList to return a
result that can be used directly by parse_nav_list (I return a list of
lists, not a tuple of tuples, but it seems to work).

> --amk

I have sent a message with a bug report about the main navigation list,
but it seems that it got lost.

Since I have no access to the Trac system, I'll report it here:

I have found two strange problems with the main navigation in:

In the first page, appears a
    5-Minutes with Python
sub menu, under
    Audio/Visual Talks

It should not stay here, and the url is wrong:

In the second page, does not appear the sub menu with
    5-Minutes with Python 5minutes/
    Slideshow collections slideshows/

Thanks   Manlio Perillo