[Pydotorg-www] text/plain PEPs conversion in reStructuredText format

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Aug 13 16:07:21 CEST 2007

David Goodger ha scritto:
> On 8/11/07, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>> I have written a simple module for converting PEPs from text/plain
>> format to text/x-rst format.
>
> Are you aware of pep2html.py, in the peps repository, which converts
> both plaintext and reST to HTML?

Yes.
But that script is a mess, IMHO.

I think that first converting text/plain PEPs to reST can be a good
solution (as an example, footnotes are not processed by pep2html).

>> P.S: i'm having problems with the version of docutils supplied with
>> Debian Etch.
>>
>> Should I just use a recent version, or pep2pyramid uses a
>> modified version?
>
> The python.org build system currently uses Docutils revision 4447.

Yes, right.
Now I'm using the version from trunk, thanks.

P.S.
My working on the refactoring of the new build system is almost done.
I have named it "Igloo".

For people interested:
http://manlio-perillo.homedns.org:8080/igloo

it runs on my laptop.

Note that commit messages are in italian (sorry), but there is a Changelog.

Now I'm writing some documentation.

Regards   Manlio Perillo