[Pydotorg-www] New build script ready for a look
amk at amk.ca
Fri Mar 9 20:49:58 CET 2007
At this point I tentatively think that the new build tool is getting
the navigation links mostly correct -- this is based on spot-checking
a few pages. We're still far from being able to switch, but
interested people can at least try it and look at the output.
How to try it out:
1) Update your beta.python.org tree to pick up the new-build directory.
2) Install Mako, PyYAML, and Docutils, as described in
3) Build an output tree: in beta.python.org/build/, run "make new".
4) The script will crank away for a while (90sec on my machine).
5) Run "make serve" to start a little Python webserver on port 8000,
running in the background.
6) View http://localhost:8000/.
7) Browse the site and report any problems.
* The home page isn't generated yet -- it's quite different from most
pages on the site.
* pyramid generates sidebar links beginning at the top of the site
(about, news, documentation, ...) but new-build implements them up
from the page being viewed. This needs to be fixed to match pyramid.
Doubtless there are more I haven't noticed yet.
Question: what are the rules for when files are copied as-is from the
data/ directory into the output directory? (e.g. the *.asc files in
the release directories)
More information about the Pydotorg-www