[pydotorg-www] [Pydotorg] Mercurial mirror

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Apr 17 13:12:07 CEST 2010

> The main idea is to allow people publish patch queues for review if
> they do not have access to repository.

That can be *easily* done with subversion also. PLEASE wait with such
proposals until the actual need occurs: WHO wants to publish patches,
and what patches specifically?

> More than that - Mercurial can provide more than 70% of backend
> functionality. It already allows importing patches, emailing them,
> publishing patches in public repositories and sharing then between
> repositories.

Please drop it. The backend functionality is entirely elsewhere here:
it's the web server delivering the pages. You are focused too much on
technology, and too little on actual contribution. Please stop making
requests for changes until you have ACTUALLY contributed something useful.

> The fact that contribulyzer.py [3] is written in Python leads me to
> rather philosophical question why contribulyzer.py was not (or could
> not be) born in Python community?

If you dislike this community too much, maybe you should look for a
different one?

Regards,
Martin