[pydotorg-www] project plan

Richard Leland rich at richleland.com
Mon Apr 19 15:28:55 CEST 2010

Hi all - as promised in the pydotorg list I've posted some documentation for
the project plan for python.org. The current goal is to generate a proposal
for the PSF board for enhancements to the various python.org sites. In these
docs I've outlined a plan that includes goals and research needed. It's too
early to think about implementation at this point and the technical details
would impede forward progress.

Throughout the project I'll need a combination of the guidance of the
current pydotorg volunteers, feedback from the community, and patience as I
familiarize myself with python.org ecosystem.

A few guidelines I am personally going to try to adhere to:

1. Draw from the experience, history and hard work of the pydotorg
admins/team
2. Don't make anything more difficult to use/update
3. Don't try to do everything all at once, start small, take steps
4. Keep the process as open as possible
5. Don't get caught up in details that keep the project from moving forward
6. Remember that we are all volunteers

I'd like to think of this as a fluid project but I need to tie down some
dates for getting the various aspects of the research phase done. I'll be
outlining that timeline in the docs in the next week or so.

In the meantime please take a look at the docs. I'll be updating them as the
project moves along.
http://richleland.bitbucket.org/pydotorg-pm/

Feel free to contact me at any time. I'm looking forward to helping out.

- Rich

Richard Leland
rich at richleland.com
240-242-7424