[pydotorg-www] project plan

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Wed Apr 21 18:34:28 CEST 2010

On 21/04/2010 18:31, Richard Leland wrote:
> [snip...]
>

>             * (Extensibility) I'm not sure what you're after here.  I
>         think you need
>               to expand, maybe give an example.
>

> Steve mentioned the possibility of adding some APIs for accessing
> python.org <http://python.org> content - perhaps allowing users to
> create their own apps - PyPI browsing on iPhone, user group meeting
> widgets, calendars, release notes, etc. This one would have to be more
> thought through for sure.

Having different stylesheets for different devices would be nice -
Wordpress has a nice plugin that does this and works well. A minimum
requirement would be that the design should work well on a range of
browsers *and* devices, however that is done.

I'm not *convinced* about the idea of giving python.org an API without
some clear usecases - an API to do what? I'm not sure that an API for
adding content is *particularly* useful, but if some real usecases can
be shown then maybe. :-) If we have support for local user groups and
conferences then things like calendars etc sounds good however.

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/