[pydotorg-www] project plan

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Thu Apr 22 03:55:28 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>    Michael> Just because they are tools that *we* as programmers are
>    Michael> familiar with (and not all programmers are by any stretch of
>    Michael> the imagination) is no reason to make it so complex.
>
> But change for the (apparent) sake of change seems wrong to me.  I have yet
> to see a concrete proposal for what you would use to replace the current
> technology or who the potential users of the current technology are who have
> been unable to surmount the current barriers.

I seem to recall Fredrik Lundh implemented a system allowing
through-the-web editing of site content when the website redesign was
done last time. I was quite in favour of that system; a few times now
I've asked for someone to make a relatively trivial change to the
website because I don't know how to update the site, or have the
toolchain installed, or whatever.

     Richard