[pydotorg-www] project plan

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 05:38:46 CEST 2010

On 4/21/10, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2010, at 10:45 PM, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>

>>    Jesse> Just because things "sorta work" right now, for "a select subset
>>    Jesse> of the technologically elite" (of which, all of us discussing us
>>    Jesse> are part of) does not mean the system is Good or Complete. The
>>    Jesse> goal, as I understand (and have been encouraging on the PSF list
>>    Jesse> and elsewhere) is to examine the current state of tools, and
>>    Jesse> content and not only do a redesign of the look and feel of the
>>    Jesse> site itself, but also improve the tool chain to reduce the
>>    Jesse> friction of contribution.
>>
>> Let me be more blunt.  Focus on the content and site structure now.  Work
>> on
>> tools later.
>>
>> Skip
>
> The only work being done is speccing out a project plan, so your point is
> moot.

FWIW, I've had excellent luck with content addition on the Wiki, even
when I was being kind of incompetent and a pain in Skip and Paul
Boddie's butts.

I still add a fair bit of content daily.  It doesn't make the site
maintainers' jobs any easier; those people have been very helpful and
patient with me.  If the current discourse is constructive, please
forgive my interrupting.  Otherwise it might be a good idea to sleep
on it, step back, and identify where the best place to start is.

My own preference is to let Richard shape things a bit more (right
now, his doc is a start) and work with what he lays out.  No, I don't
have the skill set to do a lot of the heavy lifting, but I do have a
little skin in the game and have demonstrated some trainability.

Apologies if I've spoken out of turn.

Carl T.