[pydotorg-www] project plan

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Fri Apr 23 00:23:12 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 6:30 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> 6> Remove the need to login to file a bug.
>
> Sorry, can't do that. We would be swamped with spam.

There is a mechanism to avoid spam that might be appropriate here,
though it requires some additional infrastructure:

- "report an issue" on the website is a webmail form, sending to
issues at python.org (which is also available as a direct email contact)
- that address goes to an IMAP folder (gmail?) where spam may be
filtered and immediate issues resolved without involving the tracker
(ie. "I can't figure how to download Python")
- messages appropriate for the tracker are moved to a "tracker" IMAP folder
- Roundup fetches messages from just the "tracker" IMAP folder

     Richard