[pydotorg-www] Current python.org contributor process

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 23 03:42:29 CEST 2010

    Michael> Suppose "someone" did decide they wanted to help python.org by
    Michael> supplying a patch, this is roughly the set of steps they would
    Michael> have to go through:

Why should anyone be expected to do more than report an issue with the
website?  If I notice a problem with Perl's site I don't "submit a patch".
I send a message to webmaster at perl.org which says, in effect, "hey bozos -
your site doesn't work with Chrome - everything's all jumbled up".  Why
should python.org be any different?  The vast majority of Python programmers
never check out the code.  Why should we expect even a miniscule fraction of
the users of the website to check out the content?  In my mind there should
probably be 100 people (maybe 1000) just reporting problems for every person
who tries to check out the website.

    Michael> Go to http://python.org Click on "Help maintain the website" in
    Michael> the left sidebar: http://www.python.org/about/website/ Click on
    Michael> website maintenance: http://www.python.org/dev/pydotorg/website