[pydotorg-www] Docs development entrypoint (Was: [docs] Mailing list dead pile and private lists)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 15:18:33 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Michael Foord <mfoord at python.org> wrote:

>>> -1. That's change for the sake of change, cost without benefit.
>>>

>> That's change for consistency with python-dev@
>>

> But inconsistency with all the other special-interest-group (sig) mailing
> lists.

Most of them are dead. Is it the sort of consistency we need? =)

Frankly, I do not really see why is it important to maintain a
separated ML dedicated to things that happen in another ML with rather
low traffic. People not subscribed to docs@ are unlikely to be
familiar with problems there. People from docs@ familiar with
problems, should also subscribe to docs-sig@ to participate in
discussion. How many new contributors subscribe to both lists? Even
now crossposting this thread causes duplicates in my email. I think
the process just won't work if docs@ become public.

--
anatoly t.