[pydotorg-www] International Symbol - request for addition

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 21:18:11 CEST 2010

On 4/25/10, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>     amk> Here's an updated draft (at the same URL -- hit Shift-Reload if
>     amk> necessary):
>
>     amk> http://www.amk.ca/files/python/world.html
>
>     amk> It adds 'Non-English Resources' on the left-hand side.

Andrew, thanks a ton, again.

> I'd put that on the right and get rid of it from the left.  Replace the GSoC
> graphic with it.

I am of the same mind as Skip, but there seems to be a consensus for
the left hand side.  I'm OK with it either way regardless of my
personal preference.

> An interesting exercise might be to implement a bit of JavaScript which
> rotates the phrase "Non-English Resources" among several (four to six?)
> languages: German, French, Chinese, Spanish, etc.  The rotation need not
> reflect the location of the cursor.  Movement by a few pixels within the map
> would rotate to the next translation.

This sounds cool, but I can't make it happen right now.  It is always
something we can augment with whatever gets implemented later, right?