[pydotorg-www] Analytics

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 25 22:09:19 CEST 2010

> I'm not aware of any genuine privacy concerns raised by the use of
> google analytics.

Ok, so let me make you aware, then :-) I'm fundamentally opposed. Giving
users the choice of opting out is insufficient - if collecting data is
acceptable at all, users have to opt in.

The problem is ultimately trust, and I don't trust Google not to abuse
the data they collect. In principle, they could do much more powerful
analysis for themselves, correlating accesses of a single user across
multiple sites. Google Analytics *is* evil.

Regards,
Martin