[pydotorg-www] Analytics

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Apr 25 23:18:37 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010, Michael Foord wrote:

> I haven't seen a rational explanation for why google analytics is a
> privacy concern.

Well, I don't know anything specific about Google Analytics, nor do I
believe that there's any reason to spend time investigating it, because
of the following three points:

* Google's giant mis-step with Buzz

* https://panopticlick.eff.org/

* Netflix disaggregation of "anonymous" data

>From my POV, the onus is on anyone proposing Google to demonstrate that
using Google is *not* a privacy concern.  If these three points are not
something you've heard of before, I think you are not sufficiently
informed about privacy to have an opinion on the subject.

--Bill Harlan