[pydotorg-www] Analytics

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Apr 26 07:08:10 CEST 2010

* "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:
> >> Well, first you have to rewrite the code (and some kind of UI even if
> >> through the command line) that is already in analytics... So yes
> >> possible in theory, not likely in practise (unless someone does write an
> >> advanced log file analyser in Python).

Steve Mcinterney maintains a fork from webalizer called awffull that can do
more sophisticated web analysis and Steve works for Ubuntu. Barry knows him. I
am quite confident Steve would sit down and add functionality if we asked him.
I've been working with him on it for some time.

> > Sounds like a fun project.  I'd do it if I had a few weeks of holidays
> > coming up.  Well, instead, I'll visit the U.S. ;)
>
> Actually, awstats already reports entry and exit pages.

At our company we do not want to use external providers to analyse private
date either. We are constantly looking for ways and means to leave the data
with the website owners.

A project that aims to do what Google Analytics does is PIWIK. It's not
version 1 yet and its written in PHP, but you might want to give it a look at
http://piwik.org/.

p at rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666