[pydotorg-www] wiki dot python dot org fwslash moin

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Aug 9 23:26:14 CEST 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010 17:02:14 Radomir Dopieralski wrote:

> I did get everything sorted out access-wise and made a small tour
> around the server, looking at how everything is organized, but I didn't make
> any changes yet. The very first thing that I want to do is making MoinMoin
> run as a separate user, so that I don't need the root privileges to work
> with it. I will keep you all informed before I do anything though.

I'm confident that you know what to do. I imagine that Thomas and company will
only be too happy to give advice. :-)

> I'm sorry that it takes so long, this time it's all caused by me --
> not having enough time.

I don't expect rapid progress: it was Steve's timely entrance which provoked
me into getting you both talking, and it's great to see progress of any kind.
I was just in a position to nag constructively. ;-)

> By the way Paul, you mentioned that you had some improvements in mind
> for the Europython MoinMoin theme, but either we didn't talk about it in
> detail or I just forgot in the excitement at the conference -- if you
> remember what it was, I would be grateful if you could repeat it for me.

I think the principal thing was the print stylesheet. If you print pages, all
of the "boilerplate" (menus, headers, footers) gets printed, but it's quite
straightforward to apply "display: none" to a lot of that for much cleaner
printouts. Something like this:

#header, #sidebar, #footer, #timings, #credits, #interwiki, #pagelocation {
        display: none;
}

Good luck in your explorations!

Paul