[pydotorg-www] FWD: Wiki Internal Server Error

Michael S mikeisgreat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:39:39 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 7:02 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> Given the non-availability of extra rack space at XS4ALL, would it be
>> practical to replace one or more machines with more powerful hardware,
>> or is it pretty much maxed out?
>
> Moving the wiki to dinsdale would instantaneously make more powerful
> hardware available. That machine is underutilized. Of course, moving the
> wiki might flip that judgement.
>
>> If the latter then we should probably look at relocating the Wiki (which
>> I don't believe has any content best handled outside the US) to some
>> other hosting facility. It should certainly not be allowed to interfere
>> with the Cheeseshop, which will be a crucial resource in the future.
>
> But so will be the Wiki, no?
>
> In any case, I also favor it not interfering with the Cheeseshop, at
> the expense of risking interference with www.python.org.
>
> So unless I hear any objection RSN, I start moving it.

Jumping in late..

Can we recreate this issue?  I don't have access to the servers but I
am willing to assist with some sysadmin foo.
Can I get sw versions of the app stack.. apache x.x, moinmoin x,x, python, etc..

following the thread I am left to believe that it is a python process
that is burning CPU and has nothing to with moin or http, but since I
am blind, I am just following along seeing if I can assist.

Side Note:

I've been a volunteer for pydotorg for a couple years, but have been
M.I.A for awhile. I am back and wanting to help with
sysadmin/pydotorg.

What do I need to do to get shell access so I can view logs, pids, sys
stats, etc?  I just checked and my pubkey is still there (see below)
but no shell access:

[505]mike at maci:~$ ssh -i .ssh/pykey pydotorg at svn.python.org

PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
( success ( 2 2 ( ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1 absent-entries
commit-revprops depth log-revprops partial-replay ) ) ) Connection to
svn.python.org closed

- Mike