[pydotorg-www] Truncating Moin log files

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Aug 12 01:36:55 CEST 2010

On Thursday 12 August 2010 01:10:01 Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Am 12.08.2010 01:08, schrieb Paul Boddie:
> >
> > http://moinmo.in/HowTo/Tune%20Performance
>
> I've seen that - but it didn't really translate into actionable
> recommendations for me.

It might be worth asking on #moin, which I may do tomorrow.

> In any case, any costly operations based on these log files
> should now be cheap, now that the log files are empty.
>
> So I rather wonder whether there is any significant loss
> of functionality. If the recommendation would have been
> to restrict access to that functionality, anyway, I guess
> the answer is "no".

Well, it can occasionally be useful to get at the statistics, so perhaps those
pages could be protected with an ACL that only gives administrators the right
to see them.

Maybe there's a performance issue with the global edit-log. The following page
mentions what it appears to do:

http://moinmo.in/MoinDev/Storage

Again, I may ask on #moin to see if anybody knows about anything related to
the edit-log or these performance issues generally.

Paul