[pydotorg-www] FWD: Wiki Internal Server Error

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Aug 12 22:10:27 CEST 2010

> I can start changing the macros on the category pages, and prepare a
> robots.txt file with a list of potentially expensive pages --
> if those solutions are accepted.

These sound fine to me. I'm a bit skeptical about the robots exclusion:
many of the expensive operations are queries, right? and those can't
be blocked by robots exclusion.

> I can  also help
> configuring Varnish, or just provide example configuration.

I'm really skeptical about any proposals to do caching, because I just
don't believe that those pages that will get cached contribute to the
load in any significant way. It's rather the pages that will *not*
get cached that cause the load, or, if they get cached, they contribute
to user confusion as they don't update in the way in which they should
update.

Regards,
Martin