[pydotorg-www] Archives corruption

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Jul 6 17:04:56 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:39:36AM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On a second level, I've been searching for volunteers to fix this wart in
> Pipermail for at least a decade.  No one's stepped forward so far.  If you're
> interested in helping, the Mailman project would love to have you.

Coincidentally, LWN has a similar item today:
http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/394660/a94a29378609d81a/

	In 2005, the Debian project voted to declassify messages on
	the debian-private mailing list after a period of three
	years. That is easier said than done, apparently. The General
	Resolution (GR) calls for volunteers to do the work of
	declassification, and few Debian Developers seem eager to do
	the work required to make it happen.

They can't find volunteers either, because tidying historical data is
much less useful than forward-looking tasks.

--amk