[pydotorg-www] Adding a link to 2or3

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Jul 6 17:23:06 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 09:17:34PM +0100, Michael Foord wrote:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/Python2orPython3
> I would like to add an extra link to the sidebar, to this page of
> course, or perhaps just on the front page. Thoughts?

I think it should go on the top-level download page at
http://www.python.org/download/, which is where people are most
directly confronted with the need to make a choice.

Arguably it could also go on the 2.7 and 3.1 release pages, with text
like "Choosing between Python 2.x and 3.x".  But I wonder if that will
confuse users; will they worry that they're making a wrong choice
because of the presence of the link?  "Clearly the authors of
python.org are trying to warn me against downloading this version!"

--amk