[pydotorg-www] Archives corruption

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Jul 7 03:45:38 CEST 2010

On 07/06/2010 05:49 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:

>> In Russian words "have" and "own" are the same. Nobody wants to be
>> pwnd. That's the meaning.
>
> I'm afraid that this explanation doesn't make things any clearer --
> for me at least...

Georg, the "have" is referring to the word used by Michael, as in:

"If you're interesting in helping, the Mailman project would love to
-own- you."

with a (perfectly natural) reaction of, "hey, I'm willing to contribute
but -not- to take on this big task all by myself!"

Basically its much ado about nothing, a language misunderstanding by
all.  Let's move on.

-Jeff