[pydotorg-www] FWD: "Python Mailing Lists, Newsgroups, and Web Forums" page is outdated

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Jul 10 18:29:13 CEST 2010

Michael,

I think your update contains most of this, but just in case, I'm
forwarding this message that triggered putting the lists page on my to-do
list:

----- Forwarded message from Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> -----

> From: Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at haypocalc.com>
> To: webmaster at python.org
> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:21:06 +0200
>
> "Python 3.0 Development
>
> Python 3.0 development is carried out on two mailing lists.
>
> The python-3000 list focuses on the implementation: proposed code changes, bug
> The python-ideas list is for discussing more speculative design ideas."
>
> Python3 is now developed with python-dev instead of python-3000. But the
> reference to Python-3000 should stay for the archives.
>
> --
>
> Python3 versions are now 3.1 (and 3.2), not 3.0 anymore.
>
> --
>
> "gmane.org archive of python-dev" link points to the python 3000 archives.
>
> "gmane.org archive of python-dev" link points to the python-ideas archives.
>
> --
> Victor Stinner
> http://www.haypocalc.com/

----- End forwarded message -----

"....Normal is what cuts off your sixth finger and your tail..."  --Siobhan