[pydotorg-www] Updates to Jobs HowTo page

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Thu Jul 22 03:45:45 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 20:36, Martin Thomas <martin at martinthomas.net> wrote:
> I completely agree.. except the "volunteer paragraph" I was referring to is the
> second paragraph on the page that talk about looking at the wiki.  You are talking
> about "life gets in the way" paragraph that closes the page.. which, incidentally, I
> don't think I touched.

I see. So apart from the misunderstanding we're in violent agreement :-)

> How about we remove the text about finding volunteer positions (as I originally
> intended to say)

We don't post volunteer positions though, so shouldn't we state that?
The text was put there when such volunteer posts became annoying.

> and move the closing paragraph to second position?
> Also, put a note in the auto-responder message if it is not there already?

Sure.

In the end, it's up to you -- whoever does the work gets final say.

> Just my 2c. I am trying to make it clearer for the careful poster.  What would really
> help is some way for the posters who cannot or will not grok RST to fill in the
> template.

That's a whole 'nother discussion, which I'll keep out of...

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>