[pydotorg-www] A new planet for user group blog postings!

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Jul 29 01:58:30 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Michael Foord <mfoord at python.org> wrote:

>  On 29/07/2010 00:37, Alex Clark wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've been speaking with Doug Hellmann recently about setting up a new
> planet (blog feed aggregater) for Python user group blog feeds.
>

> Why not just add the user group blogs to the existing planet?

Good question, I think because the point is to create a "user group feed".

As an individual, I'm starting to think about joining Planet Python for
Python-specific posts. But I'd join the "Happenings in Python User groups"
planet to post PUG-specific things. Again, I don't want to step on
http://python-groups.blogspot.com/'s (and Jeff Rush's) toes. I'm just trying
to figure out a way to make it easier for me to post, and hoping that will
make it easier for others too.

I think I posted once,
http://python-groups.blogspot.com/2008/12/zpugdc-dc-python-meetup-december.html.
And it looks like posting is down about this year, with only 7 posts in
2010.

I picture a link to it fitting in well in the "Other Python Planets" section
here: http://planet.python.org/.