[pydotorg-www] A new planet for user group blog postings!

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Jul 29 02:30:42 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010, Alex Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Michael Foord <mfoord at python.org> wrote:
>>  On 29/07/2010 00:37, Alex Clark wrote:
>>
>>> I've been speaking with Doug Hellmann recently about setting up a new
>>> planet (blog feed aggregater) for Python user group blog feeds.
>>
>> Why not just add the user group blogs to the existing planet?
>
> Good question, I think because the point is to create a "user group feed".
>
> As an individual, I'm starting to think about joining Planet Python for
> Python-specific posts. But I'd join the "Happenings in Python User groups"
> planet to post PUG-specific things. Again, I don't want to step on
> http://python-groups.blogspot.com/'s (and Jeff Rush's) toes. I'm just trying
> to figure out a way to make it easier for me to post, and hoping that will
> make it easier for others too.

My take is similar to Michael's: I can't imagine caring about user groups
generally.  Take a look at wiki LocalUserGroups -- there are way too
many.  So I'd bet that people would mostly subscribe only to specific
groups' blogs.

"....Normal is what cuts off your sixth finger and your tail..."  --Siobhan