[pydotorg-www] Embedding the Google Python Release Schedule calendar

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 00:35:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> I've updated the Google Python Release Schedule calendar.  I think it would be
> nice to embed it either on the front page or on the /dev page.  It's an
> iframe, which probably means something to someone on this list <wink>.
>
> Here's what Google tells me to use to embed the calendar:
>
> <iframe src="http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=b6v58qvojllt0i6ql654r1vh00%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

"Python community" didn't like the idea some 6 months ago.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-February/097698.html

But it is present at http://wiki.python.org/moin/SiteImprovements as
"Add release timer and calendar to Core Development page" task.

Still I am glad you find it useful too.
--
anatoly t.