[pydotorg-www] Embedding the Google Python Release Schedule calendar

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Sat Jun 26 01:14:50 CEST 2010

On 25/06/2010 23:35, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Barry Warsaw<barry at python.org>  wrote:
>
>> I've updated the Google Python Release Schedule calendar.  I think it would be
>> nice to embed it either on the front page or on the /dev page.  It's an
>> iframe, which probably means something to someone on this list<wink>.
>>
>> Here's what Google tells me to use to embed the calendar:
>>
>> <iframe src="http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=b6v58qvojllt0i6ql654r1vh00%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
>>
> "Python community" didn't like the idea some 6 months ago.
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-February/097698.html

There was one reply to that email so I'm not sure how you decide that
was the voice of the Python community. :-)

Additionally your proposal was for a "release timer", which I took to
mean some kind of countdown feature which I didn't think was a
particularly good idea but I didn't really understand what you meant.

As it happens I'm in favour of embedding the calendar on the /dev page
(which I think is more appropriate than the front page) - but let's see
what other people think.

All the best,

Michael

--