[pydotorg-www] Vanished link for AFL v2.1

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu May 20 17:17:06 CEST 2010

The contributor forms at http://localhost:8005/psf/contrib/ linked to
http://opensource-definition.org/ for the texts of the Academic Free
License 2.1 and Apache License 2.0 texts.

opensource-definition.org has been domain-squatted and now shows
generic links.

I've updated the links on python.org.  The Apache 2.0 license was easy
to find, but the AFL 2.1 was difficult; I ended up linking to
http://www.samurajdata.se/opensource/mirror/licenses/afl-2.1.php,
which is an obsolete mirror of opensource.org.  This is because the
current AFL version is 3.0 and 2.1 is therefore obsolete.

Question: should I add a copy of the AFL 2.1 to python.org?  Or does
the PSF want to update the contrib forms to use AFL 3.0 instead?

--amk