[pydotorg-www] Vanished link for AFL v2.1

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu May 20 21:22:48 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 09:47:33PM +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> What is the trend about AFL?
> Isn't PSF the official license of all Python stuff?

Yes, the PSF uses its own license for material where the PSF holds the
copyright.

But when a person signs a contributor form, which is saying "I grant
the PSF the right to use my code/patch/whatever under some license",
what license is the *person* -- not the PSF! -- using?

They need to use a license that lets the PSF take the code and change
the license on it to be the PSF license.  The PSF license doesn't
actually say re-licensing is allowed.  The Apache 2.0 and Academic
Free licenses both explicitly allow re-licensing, so that's why
contributors need to pick one of them.

--amk