[pydotorg-www] Fwd: website and ipv6

webmaster at python.org webmaster at python.org
Fri Nov 26 13:59:59 CET 2010

On 26/11/2010 12:56, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>>
>> webmaster at python.org wrote:

>>> Sure, but that doesn't answer the question. :-)
>> The answer is: yes, it can be reached via IPv6:
>>
>> You can try one of the several looking glass servers around the
>> world: http://www.bgp4.as/looking-glasses
>>
>> E.g. http://noc.eu.clara.net/lg.php
>>
>> Router: US
>> Command: ping ip www.python.org
>>

>> Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 82.94.164.162, timeout is 2 seconds:
>> !!!!!
>> Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 88/91/92 ms
> Sorry, cut-n-paste error.
>
> Router: Germany
> Command: ping ipv6 www.python.org
>
> This data is to be considered confidentional.
>
> Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 2001:888:2000:D::A2, timeout is 2 seconds:
> !!!!!
> Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 8/9/12 ms
>
> Note that a lot of data centers, ISPs and end-user routers are not
> prepared to handle IPv6.

Thanks Mark. I've passed this on to the original enquirer.

All the best,

Michael Foord
>>> Michael

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.