[pydotorg-www] Industrial Light & Magic logo 404

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Oct 14 19:05:57 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010, David Goodger wrote:

>>> David Goodger renamed it to Lucasfilm_logo.png a year ago, not sure why.
>>
>> It had to do with PSF sponsorship. ILM was a sponsor, but they
>> switched to LucasFilm sponsoring us.
>> I wasn't aware that the existing logo was used elsewhere, sorry.
>
> No biggie -- we probably should have a 404 scanner to find this stuff
> automatically.

http://linkchecker.sourceforge.net

It was recommended to me, I looked at the feature list, that's all I
know about it. but it looks like what we want.

I guess it makes sense to run it on the same hardware that is serving
the pages so that it isn't hammering the bandwidth.

How hard would it be to hook it into the site being updated?

How often is the site updated?

--
Carl K