[pydotorg-www] jobs.python.org?

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Tue Sep 14 15:23:44 CEST 2010

Michael Foord wrote:
>  On 14/09/2010 11:29, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>>      Fred>  What we ended up with was docs in two different places
>> that had to
>>      Fred>  be updated in two different ways, and was confusing for
>> users.
>>      Fred>  The maintenance pain only got worse when the main
>> www.python.org
>>      Fred>  site was changed to be built in a different way
>> (pyramid).  I'm
>>      Fred>  not sure how much duplication of effort is currently
>> required.
>>
>> That was, of course, not a fault of the name but of incomplete
>> conversion to
>> the new domain as the place to get the core Python documentation.
>>
>> Personally, I find
>>
>>      jobs.python.org
>>
>> easier to remember than
>>
>>      www.python.org/community/jobs
>
> Sure. But is jobs.python.org easier to remember than python.org/jobs ?
>
> (Flat is better than nested ;-)

Isn't jobs.python.org flat and python.org/jobs nested? ;-)  You seem to
suggest the other way around and your argument just changed me from "I
really don't care" to "hmm, jobs.python.org may indeed be a bit better".

However, this seems such a small point I'm not sure why it's even being
discussed.  Either someone should just do it or not...

- Stephan